- 400 GRAM NOODLES
- 100 GRAM GREEN PEAS, cooked
- 100 GRAM CARROT, cut in strips
- 1/2 CUCUMBER, cut in strips
- 100 GRAM DRIED MUSHROOMS, soaked and cut
- 2 TOMATOES, cut in thin wedges
- PIECE OF
- 4 TBSP HOISIN SAUCE
- 2 TBSP RICE VINEGAR
- 50 GRAM CASHEW NUTS
- 1 BANANA BUD, finely sliced
- 50 GRAM DRIED PRAWNS
- 1 CUP GRATED COCONUT
- 4 GREEN CHILLIES, chopped
- 1 ONION, chopped
- 4 TBSP LEMON JUICE
- 1 TSP TURMERIC
Cook the noodles according
to instructions and rinse them with cold water. Mix the noodles with
the vegetables and the cashew nuts, keep some behind for decoration.
Mix the hoisin sauce with the rice vinegar and the ginger and pepper
and salt to taste, pour this over the salad. If you like spicy, add
a green or red chili. Decorate with cashew nuts.
Blanch the banana bud slices for 1 minute, drain
and cool. Mix all ingredients well and toss before serving.
Sabah is on north side of the island Borneo,
Indonesian Kalimantan on
the south side.